Case Study: A/B Test for HBO Max
The objective was to enhance the initial screen of the control set by introducing fresh characters to boost app store downloads.
This experiment was designed to operate on Apple iOS mobile devices initially. In the event of a successful outcome, the expansion plan included extending it to tablets and Android devices.
I was asked to update the characters on the first screen with new talent from upcoming shows. I began by collecting approved images and experimenting with different positions, lighting, and poses to find the perfect balance.
This was the final edit after the creative exploration process. We sent this to talent and legal for approval before creating the final deliverables.
This is what the final design looked like in the app store during the test. The results of the test were inconclusive and therefore no further testing was needed.
More visual design examples for various A/B tests we ran on HBO Max, Max, and discovery+
A/B Test: Color theme based off Relationships and Love content
Character Screen A/B Tests
TNT Sports App Store Screenshots